FAQ - Marital and Family Law Palm Beach County, Florida

These actions are initiated by the filing of a petition. The petition must be “served” on the opposing party. This means the papers must be hand delivered to the opposing party. The person who files the petition first is called the Petitioner and the person who is being served is called the “Respondent.” We can usually locate someone using our extensive resources which include private investigators and process servers. If an opposing party absolutely cannot be found then we can “serve” the person by a process called service by publication. This process takes longer than actual personal service.